FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some suggestions

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dartage
Need some suggestions
on May 28, 2005 at 10:13:04 pm

I plan on shooting some shorts and need some recommendations for upgrading video card for my Sony Vaio and for the best choice for NLE system, etc.

I will be shooting with the Panasonic AGDVX100A and with 24P footage.

My computer is the Sony Vaio PCV-RS430G which has a P4 2.8 hyperthreading processor. I plan on putting in 1 or 2 gigs of 400mhz ram already. It comes with a 120 gig hd now at 7200 rpm and but will also likely add a second drive dedicated for video programs and editing.

The installed video card is an ATI 9200 Radeon card with 8x agp and 128 ram (I believe).

My specific questions are:

Is 1 gig ram adequate or will I be glad I spent the money to get 2 gigs of ram?

What type of hard drive should I dedicate for the video drive? I already have a new Maxtor 160gb 7200 rpm UltraATA/133 hard drive available for use. Is this drive adequate? And I might like to install this drive in an external case that uses a USB 2.0 connection. Is this type of arrangement ok for video transfer or should the drive only be installed on a cable internally?

I assume that the ATI Radeon 9200 card is not ideal for NLE editing. Is this correct? What recommendations do you have for a video card for the system I have described above?

I am also not sure which NLE software to use. My inclination is to go with either Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 or Avid Express Pro. I think that 24p footage may need one of these two NLE to edit properly. The most likely output for my shorts will be for web delivery and DVD but also may want to do a film transfer for future projects so is this a concern?

Is there a good video card NLE bundle available that fits my system?

I know this is asking alot but any help you can provide is welcome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]