FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Capture Cards?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MarkH
Dual Capture Cards?
on Jul 5, 2004 at 9:58:59 pm

I'm interested in (roughly) 30fps real-time simultaneous capture from two separate cameras. Is there any capture card that would permit this? Quality of the video isn't really an issue -- this isn't for broadcast -- it's for analyzing my golf swing :-)

-M.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Dual Capture Cards?
on Jul 8, 2004 at 3:28:04 am

Canopus DVStorm2 can capture up to 3 firewire video inputs simultaneously. I don't personally own one, but I did see Canopus demonstrate this capability. I believe they had to add an extra firewire card for each extra video stream, but I could be wrong.

For someone editing multiple camera shoots, this would be a real timesaver. (Most pros would also recommend using a visual/audible sync signal, like a clapper, to make it easier to match video clips.)

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Jul 8, 2004 at 2:41:18 pm

Hey John Q,

That's just what I need! A visual AND audible sync tool. Now I just have to make my own clapper...

D

Return to posts index

mojohand
on Aug 27, 2004 at 12:52:51 am

Down and dirty, you could use a small electronic flash for a sync.

Return to posts index

captaincrunch
on Aug 27, 2004 at 5:56:24 pm

The V1 system does this . . . on a laptop.

why don't you simply record your swing from both cameras (at least 4000 speed - anything less will blur), capture both to your hard drive, then load into an NLE program, and sync the two with the audio spike at impact. Create a split frame with one on each side, then you simply move around on the timeline to see how bad . . . . umh, umh, 'er . . .Good your golf swing is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]