FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Blue Challenge II

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RedHatVideos
Big Blue Challenge II
on May 24, 2005 at 6:03:13 pm

I’m going to build Videoguys DIY Challenge II – Big Blue - NLE and going to build it using the Asus P5AD2 Premium mother board ($229.99 TigerDirect) and all of “Gary’s DIY2 computer parts list and suggestions. I have been able to find all the parts at TigerDirect (I have no vested interested in that company). The only thing different was the hard drives as I couldn’t find any SATA 80GB Hitachi drives but did find 160GB Hitachi SATA drives for $99.99 each. Hopefully ordering everything from one dealer will save some shipping cost.

I am also going to try and follow Videoguys’ Windows XP Tips and Tricks for NLE and the “Cool Extras, Windows XP Issues and David LaBorde’s TWEAKS for Windows XP for Video Editing Part I & II”. I hope to use this forum for help with questions when I get stuck or just plain can't figure something out.

Confused : If appropriate for this forum?.... I plan to post my progress on building a DIY - NLE computer. Both my success’s and my, hopefully not, failures or problems.

I own a ScreenPlay by Applied Magic which I have been using to create videos for the past...hmmm 5 or 6 years (Time flies when your having fun)? It has been a good machine but rendering time is slow and software is privatized and limited. Also it tends to hang up (buffer underrun). Also hangs often when using NeoType titler and requires a reboot, but thankfully it does save all my work before a reboot (I bought it back when PC’s just couldn’t handle large amounts of data and would hang up or just crash).

Confused : Right now I am asking for input on what editing software I should consider purchasing. Of course I will buy this sotware from Videoguys. I know this is a personal decision depending on what I plan to do but would appreciate input from anyone who is totally happy with their software editor. The two editors I have been thinking about are Sony Vegas 6 and Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6 Pro only because I have played around with Pinnacle Studio and my camera’s are Sony. I don’t plan using HDV but then who knows?

Very Happy I welcome any and all comments and suggestions. Don

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Big Blue Challenge II
on May 25, 2005 at 8:16:52 pm

i have used both programs. although Liquid Edition 6 is probably the more powerful software of the 2, I found the Vegas6 software to be really easy to use. I actually edited a friends wedding a few years ago with Vegas4 and it turned out great. So I would personally recommend Vegas6+DVD.

Feel free to post the results from your computer building experience in this forum. Hopefully all goes well for you the first time.

Jon

Return to posts index

RedHatVideos
on May 26, 2005 at 3:42:15 am

Thanks for the input Jon.
I will order Vegas+DVD as you suggest. Getting excited about building your "Big Blue" creation. I ordered all the hardware today from TigerDirect. Always takes longer to get things delivered to Hawaii so will be looking for all the goodies by the middle of next week. I have put together a PC from scratch before so I'm confident that part will be a piece of cake. Not sure about all the configuring and getting everything "tweaked" to perfection though. I'm also going to dump Internet Explorer and try to run the Firefox browser as you suggested on the web. Don

Return to posts index

wayl0n
on May 28, 2005 at 1:26:28 am

I'm also a huge fan of Vegas. It was the first NLE program I was exposed to so it took a day or two to go through the tutorials and get used to it, but once I was through that, I loved it, you can do basic stuff very easily, and advanced stuff fairly easy as well. I'm not a big fan of the DVD Architect....it is very simple to use and quick to learn, and if thats all you need that is great, but I like to do more advanced things and have found DVD Lab to be the best bang for the buck for DVD Authoring.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]