FORUMS: list search recent posts

is the RTX100 worth getting?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DMoney
is the RTX100 worth getting?
on May 21, 2005 at 9:42:53 pm

Do you guys feel that the RTX100 is kind of outdated or do you feel it is still relevant in the video editing world. Technology changes everyday, but I would certainly hate to get something so outdated that I will likely dispose of it in a few months. I love Premiere, but most of all...I love the idea of having a realtime card to support Premiere with effects, color correction, and everything like that.

Any thoughts?

Danny

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: is the RTX100 worth getting?
on May 22, 2005 at 12:38:15 am

If your goal is DV editing, it's still relevant. If you're looking at HDV, then it's not. Personally, right now HDV isn't that relevant to me, as neither HD-DVD nor Blu-Ray is finalized, so the only way to present a HDV project is on HDV tape. I expect it to take two more years before HDV becomes as practical as DV is today.

P.S. I've owned an RT.X100 since it was released and have been very happy with it for DV editing. The majority of my DV work is all realtime, including transcoding for DVD, which is why I upgraded my RT2000 system. I just got tired of waiting for transcoding to author my DVDs. I don't plan to upgrade to HDV until it's practical to make HD-DVDs.

Return to posts index

DMoney
Re: is the RTX100 worth getting?
on May 22, 2005 at 1:36:10 am

John Q: If your goal is DV editing, it's still relevant. If you're looking at HDV, then it's not. Personally, right now HDV isn't that relevant to me, as neither HD-DVD nor Blu-Ray is finalized, so the only way to present a HDV project is on HDV tape. I expect it to take two more years before HDV becomes as practical as DV is today.

P.S. I've owned an RT.X100 since it was released and have been very happy with it for DV editing. The majority of my DV work is all realtime, including transcoding for DVD, which is why I upgraded my RT2000 system. I just got tired of waiting for transcoding to author my DVDs. I don't plan to upgrade to HDV until it's practical to make HD-DVDs.

Alright that is the kinda answer that I like to hear. Thank John!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]