FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beginner needs iDVD vs. DVD Studio Pro opinion

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FuerteGFX
Beginner needs iDVD vs. DVD Studio Pro opinion
on May 18, 2005 at 9:38:45 pm

Hi, Im very intersted in getting into DVD authoring, as a graphic designer would like to be able to manipulate every graphic layout element on a DVD menu interface. My question is ..what are the limitations I wil encounter in iDVD vs. the apparent almighty power of DVD Studio Pro.

I just want to make sure I,m spending my learning time on the right software. please give me some feedback or advice, it will be appreciated..
Also, what other hardware or software would I need to put my final product together. (I,m working on a mac g5 dual 1.8 150gig HDspace)

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: Beginner needs iDVD vs. DVD Studio Pro opinion
by
on May 27, 2005 at 5:14:26 pm

If you want complete control of the DVD menu interface/graphics, you would want to learn and work with DVDSP. iDVD is much easier to use, but it accomplishes the 'task' by limiting the options the user can choose. You will have far greater graphical control with DVDSP. Your system should have plenty of power for DVDSP (I currently do my projects on a G4 iMac).

Jim

Return to posts index

FuerteGFX
on Jun 8, 2005 at 9:38:35 pm

Thanks for your repply, i already started to put my hands on DVDSP and you are completely right, it's capabilities make iDVD look like kinds hand paint.

Return to posts index

cnrambler
on Sep 6, 2005 at 1:49:19 am

FuerteGFX
I'm also fond of DVD authoring, if you get free, we can have a talk.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]