FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox RTX100 + AMD?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DMoney
Matrox RTX100 + AMD?
on May 17, 2005 at 2:10:13 am

Does the matrox RTX100 card work with AMD? is it reccomended?

I don't mind buying a Intel based system, but AMD seems to be most cost effective...

Danny

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Matrox RTX100 + AMD?
on May 18, 2005 at 3:39:27 am

Looking at Matrox's system recommendations, you'll note that the RT.X100 has tested as incompatible with all current AMD64 chipsets. If you want an X100, stick with approved hardware.

http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtx100xtremepro/rec/chipsets.cfm

Return to posts index

DMoney
on May 21, 2005 at 12:27:25 am

meh i figured you would say that, i was simply hoping for someone to say that regardless of the recomendations that they had sucess with the combination. Well thank you, i will likely go with P4 in that case. Very Happy

Return to posts index

tantuscomputers
on May 24, 2005 at 3:16:58 pm

Let me tell you, we've learned the hard way : NO AMD WITH MATROX. Basically they have an issue with the Hammer's PCI bus, and Matrox is at the point where the resources to fix this incompatibility is not worth it to them. (Out of their own mouth to me)

Return to posts index

queeniedog
on May 26, 2005 at 4:01:54 pm

INterestingly, I am running the RTx100 in my new AMD 64-based computer with no ill effects. I never knew there was a potential issue until I read this post! I do get the occasional warning about sustained data rates from my SATA drives, something I never got with the previous Intel chip set. May be related, may not. But Premiere and the RTX100 work fine otherwise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]