FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to choose video cards for Challenge I ?

COW Forums : Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
how to choose video cards for Challenge I ?
on May 13, 2005 at 1:41:53 am

I am interested in building N.L.E. dedicated computer based on Videoguys' Challenge I project.
So far, I bought these parts:
M.B.: ASUS P4C800-Deluxe,
C.P.U.: Pentium 4, 3.20E GHz H.T. (800 MHz, 1MB L2
P.S.U.: Antec, NeoPower 480Watt,
RAM: 4X512 Mb PC3200 KINGSTON (KVR400X64C 3A/512) 2GB
System HDD: Seagate 120GB/7200rpm/8mb,
Video drive: RAID 0?
I am planning to buy O. S. WINXP PRO. My video software is PINNACLE STUDIO 9(I would highly recommend this software to anybody who is interested to start video edit).
I am not sure which one of following video cards would match my system and why one is better than the other is.
MATROX Millennium P750,

This computer will be used only for video&photo editing; I will not connect it to internet unless I have to upgrade drivers, and I definitely do not want to play video games.
I would like to have reliable and stable system not like my Sony VAIO PCV-RS 310
piece of junk.

I want to thank Videoguys for the grate site, which I discover in November 2004.

Return to posts index

Dark Knight
Re: how to choose video cards for Challenge I ?
on May 13, 2005 at 6:48:42 pm

If I had to pick one of the video cards you've got listed, I would go with the ATI, as Pinnacle generally seems to be a little more compatible with ATI than NVidia or Matrox. On the other hand, my preferred recommendation would be to go with something like an ATI Radeon 9600. Studio 9 isn't going to make the best use of the advanced OpenGL features in the FireGL, and that extra expense could possibly add another hard drive or a monitor sometime in the future.

ADK Video Editing

Return to posts index

Reply: How to choose video card.
on May 14, 2005 at 12:22:22 am

Thank you Mr. Rob for your advice.
I'm totally confused with all of these diferent models of video cards.
I forgot to mention that some day I might upgrade to PINNACLE Liquid Edition or similar more serious software than my STUDIO 9.
I want my video card to support that software.

Sincerely, Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved