FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to choose video cards for Challenge I ?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FRANK CUBIC
how to choose video cards for Challenge I ?
on May 13, 2005 at 1:41:53 am

I am interested in building N.L.E. dedicated computer based on Videoguys' Challenge I project.
So far, I bought these parts:
M.B.: ASUS P4C800-Deluxe,
C.P.U.: Pentium 4, 3.20E GHz H.T. (800 MHz, 1MB L2
P.S.U.: Antec, NeoPower 480Watt,
CASE: Antec, PLUSVIEW 1000AMG,
RAM: 4X512 Mb PC3200 KINGSTON (KVR400X64C 3A/512) 2GB
System HDD: Seagate 120GB/7200rpm/8mb,
Video drive: RAID 0?
I am planning to buy O. S. WINXP PRO. My video software is PINNACLE STUDIO 9(I would highly recommend this software to anybody who is interested to start video edit).
I am not sure which one of following video cards would match my system and why one is better than the other is.
MATROX Millennium P750,
ATI FIREGL T2-128,
PNY QUADRO FX500
or PNY QUADRO4 580XGL.

This computer will be used only for video&photo editing; I will not connect it to internet unless I have to upgrade drivers, and I definitely do not want to play video games.
I would like to have reliable and stable system not like my Sony VAIO PCV-RS 310
piece of junk.

I want to thank Videoguys for the grate site, which I discover in November 2004.

Return to posts index

Dark Knight
Re: how to choose video cards for Challenge I ?
on May 13, 2005 at 6:48:42 pm

If I had to pick one of the video cards you've got listed, I would go with the ATI, as Pinnacle generally seems to be a little more compatible with ATI than NVidia or Matrox. On the other hand, my preferred recommendation would be to go with something like an ATI Radeon 9600. Studio 9 isn't going to make the best use of the advanced OpenGL features in the FireGL, and that extra expense could possibly add another hard drive or a monitor sometime in the future.

Rob
ADK Video Editing

Return to posts index

FRANK CUBIC
Reply: How to choose video card.
on May 14, 2005 at 12:22:22 am

Thank you Mr. Rob for your advice.
I'm totally confused with all of these diferent models of video cards.
I forgot to mention that some day I might upgrade to PINNACLE Liquid Edition or similar more serious software than my STUDIO 9.
I want my video card to support that software.

Sincerely, Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]