FORUMS: list search recent posts

LE6 vs Vegas 6...others?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Peterson
LE6 vs Vegas 6...others?
on May 3, 2005 at 9:22:18 pm

Hello,

I am using LE6 right now and it's doing well. I do have some stability problems from time to time, it just crashes. I've spent the time to learn it and am making progress.

I am looking into the Sony HDR-FX1 HD Camcorder. I know that LE has native HD Support, but am thinking or wondering if I should switch to Vegas. This is not necessarily because it's a Sony, but I am wondering if there is any benefit there? I wouldn't think so, but one never knows.

How does Vegas 6 compare, how is its stability? Does Avid buying Pinnacle question future support of LE?

I am looking to use a product that will support me into the future and from what I have read, Vegas looks to have become pretty solid with the latest release.

I've considered Premiere Pro but have never been a big Adobe fan. Their buyout of Macromedia may force me to change however.

Any thoughts...other packages?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: LE6 vs Vegas 6...others?
on May 4, 2005 at 1:25:21 pm

First off - make sure you have downloaded and installed the LE 6.1 updater. http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsupport1.asp?division_id=8&langue_id=7&am...

It fixes many issues that some users reported with 6.0. It also adds full support for the new Sony HSV cams.

Vegas 6 is another great product. It is very stable and powerful. The interface is based on Digital Audio Workstations software, so for some video editiors it is awkward at first. Once you ge tthe hang of it, it is actually very easy to use.

I like them both. Each has strengths that are unique.

For Liquid Editon you have background rendering, a huge selection of 3D transitions and efects, multicam, DVD authoring from the timeline and native HDV editing. Witht eh pro breakout box you get a tremendous amount of I/O, and you can preview directly from the timeline on your TV. The underlying technology behind LE is amazing and the folks at Avid are now realizing this as well.

Vegas 6 now has integrated HDV editing - with the Cineform technology built into it. The audio tools on Vegas are second to none. I find it is also excellent for creating photmontages with the Ken Burns effect and transitions. Vegas can handle any video format you cang et into your computer, and it can also export to them. Very cool for web and multimedia work. DVD Architect is a full featured, powerful DVD authroing tool that allows you to make more complex DVDs with advanced navigation.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Return to posts index

Frank Peterson
Re: LE6 vs Vegas 6...others?
on May 4, 2005 at 2:16:36 pm

Thanks...I have downloaded the latest updates. I've had one crash once...LE just goes away. Luckily I haven't lose any work since it continually autosaves.

I have been looking into a separate DVD Authoring program as I don't find LE's to be powerful enough or have enough options. Is DVD Architect powerful? One thing I had wanted to do was create a photo gallery on a DVD, along with footage(I video drag racing). Basically you would see thumbnails and click to see a larger one. LE really didn't allow this without a lot of work...

I am also looking at the future. There are a lot of mixed signals about the future of LE in its current form. I don't know if Vegas having the Sony name means it's going to continue or not either though.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]