FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing from dvd

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
larkineric
importing from dvd
on May 3, 2005 at 6:33:30 pm

I'm sorry if this is too easy a problem for these forums, but I can't find ANYTHING about it in any of my books. Maybe I don't know the correct terminology, but I couldn't find anything about it in the forums, either.
I want to import from DVDs to Premiere 6.0. Is this possible? How?
Needless to say, I'm new to editing.
Any info would be helpful.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: importing from dvd
on May 4, 2005 at 2:11:39 am

If you have DVD authoring software installed, Premiere can probably access the codecs to decode the video files from an unecrypted DVD. The video is interleaved with the audio in the VOB files, which are just a special form of MPEG. Try renaming a VOB file to MPEG and import it into a Premiere DV project. If it accepts it, drop it on the timeline. It won't play well, as it's still variably compressed video. To get smooth video that you can edit, just save the timeline as a DV video file. That exported file can be edited.

Return to posts index

larkineric
on May 9, 2005 at 9:13:34 pm

Thanks for your help...
I'll check all that out.

Return to posts index

FuerteGFX
on May 18, 2005 at 8:04:20 am

There is a program called DVDxDV that converts any DVD into a quicktime movie. I think it costs like $80 bucks

Return to posts index

sjmilone
Another Q re: importing dvd
on May 18, 2005 at 1:18:33 pm

John Q: ...just save the timeline as a DV video file. That exported file can be edited.

another newbie here, are you referring to "rendering" the project, or is it a "save as" function in premier that you're talking about? I'm using Vegas movie studio at the moment, trying to decide which way to go for upgrading... vegas or premier. leaning towards premier because then I can get into using AfterEffects too.

Opinions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]