FORUMS: list search recent posts

PCI Epress with Pinnalce LE?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gray
PCI Epress with Pinnalce LE?
on Apr 21, 2005 at 8:57:47 pm

I'm confused!

Pinnalce Liquid Edition recommends an AGPx8 graphics card but the one I'm targeting (eVGA GeForce 6800GT) is PCIe. Will this have any effect on the software itself?

And is there anyone who can help explain to me how the dual monitor thing works? How do you control what's on both screens?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

saucer
Re: PCI Epress with Pinnalce LE?
on Apr 21, 2005 at 9:18:01 pm

ive heard that PCIe is the best u can get right now, even outdoing AGPx8, so i would imagine that recommendation is just to ensure u have the necessary "bandwidth."

as for dual monitor setup, set whichever u want to use for fullscreen applications as your secondary monitor. the default or primary monitor will constantly show ur desktop. if u choose to extend your desktop onto the secondary monitor, u should be able to just drag ur cursor over to the other screen - depending on where u have it in relation to ur primary. remember that u must set the postion of the monitors on ur video settings screen along with everything else...

i might be backwards on the primary and secondary descriptions, but basically u can use dual monitors as though it were one - ur mouse will move freely between the two!

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: PCI Epress with Pinnalce LE?
on Apr 21, 2005 at 9:42:00 pm

That all makes sense! Thanks for your help! I needed it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]