FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where to shop online?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pjletofsky
Where to shop online?
on Apr 20, 2005 at 1:26:36 am

I'm looking to build my new super computer and have been using the videoguys DYI systems as a model. Where are some good places to search for parts(besides pricegrabber, and pricewatch)?
thanks
pj

Return to posts index

ge_toe_video
Re: Where to shop online?
on Nov 23, 2005 at 2:54:12 pm

Try Newegg.com. They have great prices and great service! I will be buying my components from them very soon.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Nov 23, 2005 at 6:23:56 pm

we buy most of the parts for our DIY systems from newegg,com or tigerdirect.com

Gary

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
on Nov 23, 2005 at 8:05:34 pm

Since I recently went with both Newegg and Tigerdirect, I thought I'd chime in about what came from where.

I did extensive price comparisons and selected the best deals for what I wanted.

I found the best deal on the Aspire X-Navigator case from Newegg. Along with my mobo (ASUS P5AD2-E Premium) and CPU (Intel 3.4Ghz). Actually, I believe my CPU at Newegg was nearly $100 cheaper than what Tigerdirect had at the time (Late August). I also picked up my Sony DRU800A from Newegg as well as some blue SATA cables and a blue rounded IDE connector. Also my Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS was purchased through Newegg for less.

Things that were (and tend to be) better deals at Tigerdirect: My Enermax Noisetaker 2.0 600W PSU. Hard drives tend to be cheaper there with a bigger selection. Memory is also a little cheaper with a wider selection. And Tigerdirect has these great little Ultra hard drive coolers for $7 (was $12 in August!) that I swear by. Dual 60mm LED fans and for $7 how can you not use one of these? Oh and my video card was incredibly cheaper at Tigerdirect. It's a Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum. It's even cheaper now I think.

I suggest first blueprinting what you want then comparison shop between the two. The take those prices and compare them to your local retail stores and you feel great about saving!

-Q

Return to posts index

Shemp
on Nov 24, 2005 at 6:07:55 am

zipzoomfly.com is where I sourced most of my last two builds and we use them at work too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]