FORUMS: list search recent posts

studio 9 plus

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tonymarr
studio 9 plus
on Apr 15, 2005 at 6:16:05 am

I have studio 9 plus and do a lot of video editing (eg:weddings and varius other functions) my problem is that if i use to meny transictions in my editing the programe becames like a donkey.I can go have a cup of coffee and come back and is still going.Also it takes close to 8hrs to wrigh to a dvd.Is this normal?
I have now purchased the new LE 6 pro.Do you think that i'm going to have the same problem?

Return to posts index

Rozteaches
Interested
on Apr 16, 2005 at 2:11:16 pm

I am interested in how you like liquid - I have considered the same upgrade. My upgrade from 9 to Plus was disappointing to say the least.

Later-Roz

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: studio 9 plus
on Apr 21, 2005 at 9:11:45 pm

Tonymarr,

Your first concern should be figuring out which community college you'd prefer to take an english class.

Aside from that, I have faithfully used Pinnacle since 02 so I know what you're going through. I do a wide variety of projects and at great lengths.

#1. Consider less transitions. Less is more. Especially less of the silly ones. I typically only use dissolve and fade unless there's a different transition that makes more sense for a particular clip. One sure-fire way to spot an amature is seeing a ton of different transitions...because we all love to use them when we start editing.

#2. Segment your feature. For example, in my wedding films, I traditionally have an intro, an opening of some sort and then it will breifly fade to black before I go into something else. I'll use that opportunity that I have faded to black and render the project as an AVI file. I then start over on a "new project" but continue to the next portion of the film by fading in from black. I may do this 4-6 times throughout the film but use subtle points where I can fade to black. I at least try to never go beyond 25+ minutes without using this process. In my Pinnacle Expression I just import the AVI files in order and clip the ends to make it flow. Not only are you backing up your project by creating the AVI files, but it will save you a huge amount of time. I worked for the first 18 months or so without doing this and the lag of recognition when you're 45-50 minutes into a project is horrible.

I have no idea what the benefits of LE will be regarding this. I imagine there must be some sort of improvement but you may also want to consider upgrading the graphics card and/or memory.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]