FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMD experiment

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerrit
AMD experiment
on Apr 12, 2005 at 6:18:57 pm

Confused : As my old P3 is too slow for good work with Adobe Premiere, I plan to build a new PC. DV-editing is a hobby, so I'm not looking for the top technical solution. A stable PC system that works fine with AP 6.5 and Canopus EZDV is all I need.

I'm evaluating 2 options:
- a P4 system => implies new hardisks (SATA)
- an AMD system => ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard with nForce4 chipset
The AMD option allows me to reuse a max. of old components and is still future proof. The disadvantage is that this seems to an experiment in DV-editing. Has anyone good or bad experience with AMD and/or the nForce4 chipset ?

Thanks for your feedback. Smile

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: AMD experiment
on Apr 13, 2005 at 3:37:30 am

Before you decide what computer to build, you need to decide what video capture card/software you plan to use. Every system has different hardware requirements and restrictions. For example, my Matrox RT.X100 is NOT compatible with the AMD/nForce system you're considering.

So first decide what NLE system you plan to use and check the vendor's website for hardware requirements and compatibility.

Return to posts index

Gerrit
on Apr 14, 2005 at 6:38:18 pm

I'll start using a Canopus EZDV card and Adobe Premiere 6.5.
I plan to move later to Canopus Raptor and Edius.

The problem with the hardware requirements of suppliers is that they only mention "old" equipment.

That's basicaly why I posted this question ... did someone experimented already with nForce4 chipset in DV-editing ?

Return to posts index

Rcwatson83
on Apr 18, 2005 at 5:33:28 pm

Yes I would like an answer for this as well because I would like to build an amd system but none of the video editting cards seem to be compatible with any new products from amd. I was considering buying dual opterons.

On a side note, if I get a matrox card would I really need to even invest in a quadro card? It seems that the matrox does most of the work and that a good 3d card would easily do the job.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]