FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLEASE HELP DVD -FREEZE ON VIDEO

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BYKOTA
PLEASE HELP DVD -FREEZE ON VIDEO
on Apr 10, 2005 at 1:27:07 pm

I give up - can anyone help. I am using a Matrox RT2000 3.1b on a Pent. 4 1.6GHz w/512 ram. Win 2000 SP2 and Adobe 6.0
I have had some success in the past on a dvd but nothing consistent.
Problem- I capture my analog from svhs player on "svhs" using the DV-1394 analog selection in Matrox. I complete the project and then export to MPEG2-IBP using Matrox. I caputure at constant 6.0 bit rate I have tried using both Matrox consecitive files and also one large Win AVI file.
I have tried two different computers, a Sopny and a Pioneer DVD burnewr and clean install more then once, also fresh capture of video.
I get a good DVD build and preview playback on computer.
I do a test and burn DVD-R and I get no error messages. It shows a successful DVD burn. When I play back the DVD on a stand alone desk top unit I get freeze video and continuing audio after about 34 min. into video. I tried a different desktop player and same thing. I play the DVD disc on the computrer and it freezes also. However the DVD software preview plays fine.
I have tried Sonic DVDIT SE and SONIC DVDIT LE with a complete clean uninstall between versions.
Most of the time when I try to burn after the test it asks for a dvd, I install and tell it to burn. It goes through the process of burning and ejects the DVD showing a successful burn and asks if I want another copy. (HOWEVER the DVD has not been burned) I reinsert it and it goes through the same process but this time it burns it. It launches fine and plays up to the 34 min. plus range and freezes video. ANY Suggestions?

Also I have captured from a completed program off of SVHS. No editing required. Is there a way to capture using my Matrox card but have it go stright into Primier and not use Matrox, because no editing is needed ?

Would I be better off to capture in another mode besides Matrox DV-1394(analog) using svhs connection? Can I capture using MPEG 2 I and then export to IBP.

Any suggestions on the process will be very helpful. I have edited for several years on the RT2000 but just now trying to burn DVD's.
I am on a very limited budget and can not afford new equipment.
Thanks
Paul
BYKOTA Productions Crying or Very sad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]