FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Member Just Getting Started in Video Editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joeybear
New Member Just Getting Started in Video Editing
on Apr 4, 2005 at 10:51:26 pm

Hello,

I just registered with this forum, and I want to get my question out quickly. Thus, forgive me if this question has been asked before.

I'm currently "doing my homework" in regards to setting up a video transfer, editing, and DVD authoring setup.
As for the computer, I'll be getting a dual CPU system specifically made for video work. As for the actual software, I'm going with the Vegas/DVD Architect bundle from Sony. I use Sony software in my audio studio, so I'd be most comfortable with Vegas.

Things are going smoothly, with one exception...

I'm looking for something Firewire based that will let me input multiple video devices into my video workstation. I'd like to have a Beta VCR (I own 2), a VHS VCR, a provision for input from a digital camera, and a provision for anything else that I can't think of right now.
I know this sounds like a lot, but as I've done my homework, I've discovered that video transfer services in this area are scant; especially in regards to Beta. And the places that actually do transfers usually charge outrageously high rates. I'm aware that video work is just as tedious and time consuming as audio restoration, but even taking that into account, some of the local prices still border on obscene.
I currently make a decent chunk of change with my audio studio; doing transfers and restoration; among other things, and thus, I see a real opportunity in the video area of things. Along with that, I have tons of beta and VHS tapes of my own that need to be transferred to DVD.

My babbling aside, is their a high end capture device that will satisfy my requirements? They have mixers for audio, what's out there for video?

Thanks in advance for any input, and feel free to e-mail me at joe324@earthlink.net Smile

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: New Member Just Getting Started in Video Editing
on Apr 7, 2005 at 7:56:19 pm

ADVC300 http://www.videoguys.com/ADVC.html
see my reply in another forum.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]