FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture with Premiere 6.5 from Sony DV

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrewmuir
Capture with Premiere 6.5 from Sony DV
on May 24, 2004 at 12:52:32 pm

I find that capture by Premiere (to AVI)is very reliable but gives a dark picture. However once one prints back the edited movie to DV all is well. But if you want to use the avi for other purposes it is so dark that I have to reedit with "Contrast and Brightness" to get a reasonable picture. This is slow and dgenerates the image. Any suggestions. I have also Ulead Video Studio 6 and of course Movie Maker. I'm using a Sony GD-D900 and XP.

Andrew

Return to posts index

andrewmuir
Re: Capture with Premiere 6.5 from Sony DV
on May 28, 2004 at 12:41:00 pm

So many questions.... so few answers.

Andrew

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on May 28, 2004 at 2:07:44 pm

what other purposes? are you encoding the AVI to another format first? maybe it is your encoder settings?

- Jon

http://www.videoguys.com
800-323-2325 x120

Return to posts index

andrewmuir
on May 28, 2004 at 7:31:21 pm

My settings are OK I think as the VCR I am using is actually listed in Premiere 6.5 - the Sony GV-D900 - and the settings specify the Microsoft DV (NTSC) compressor. However when I play the movies AVI on Windows Media 9.0 the picture is dark. I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory to make SVCD, VCD and DVD movies.

I do not like capturing with Ulead straight to MPEG2 because I cannot then edit and make a DV master and besides I read somewhere that you should always capture to the format that you recorded. The Premeiere capture is always flawless. Any suggestions or comments you might have would be welcome and I think I am not alone in appreciating what you guys do to help us less experienced hobbyists.

I remember reading once before someone commening on the dark picture on the computer monitor of Premiere 6.5

Thanks again.

Andrew

Return to posts index

andrewmuir
on Jun 1, 2004 at 11:47:55 am

Well, assuming the problem was the Microsoft codec that Premiere uses I switched to Vegas 4.0. The batcg capture was flawless and playing back what was captured on the monitor was identical to the original. However the smaller screen copy was also somewhat dark and plating the captures clips on Media 9 was too dark and no better than my experience with Premiere. I tried a DVD from the captured video and it was no better. I come to the conclusion that the problem lies with the AVI format. Would it be better to capture direct to MPEG 2 if I want to make DVD's?

Andrew

PS In the review of Sony Vegas 4 in the PC Magazine the writer also complains of dark backgrounds.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]