FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADS PYRO A/V Link and Cheaper video card question

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
banjocrazy
ADS PYRO A/V Link and Cheaper video card question
on Mar 4, 2005 at 7:32:46 pm

hey everyone,
new to the board and I find it very informative. I am wanting to build a video editing computer based on big blue II. I have three questions that will probably expose how 'in over my head' i am with this 1st attempt at computer building, but I would love your expert feedback.

1. I thought i might sample premier by starting with the ADS PYRO A/V Link. If i get this device can I get a cheaper video card or should I still get a $200 to $300 card? The ads device does not replace a video card, does it?

2. I bought a consumer level panasonic 3ccd DV a year or so ago when they first came out in hopes of building or buying a computer that could edit video. I finally can afford the computer now, but i realize that the damn camera only has a usb out(no firewire). will i be o.k. with usb out if i use usb2 in, or should I sell and get a camera with firewire out.

3. If i chicken out and look to buy a machine, what do most home video editers buy- hp workstation?? dell? alienware? and are any of these worth the money? I can spend between 1500 and 2000 bucks.

thanks in advance for any feedback.

banjocrazy

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: ADS PYRO A/V Link and Cheaper video card quest
on Mar 6, 2005 at 3:49:06 pm

Premiere elements is fine for begining, but it won't get much benefit from Big Blue simply because the software doesn't have the extensive featutres that need so much performance. For this package our under $1,000 DIY machine will work great, and sdave you a thousand bucks!

The AV Link professional with Premeire Pro, Encore DVD and Audition is a much better choice.

- Alienware makes AWESOME machines, and you can even select NLE software as part of their configurations.
- HPs workstations are rock solid, but you pay a big premium for it. - - Dell is not doing the same great job they had in the past with their workstations. Sloppy driver installs and not always running the latest bios updates. We still recommend them, but you must tweak and optimize them yourself before installing your NLE stuff.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]