FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Blue & DV 500 Plus

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thira
Big Blue & DV 500 Plus
on Mar 3, 2005 at 5:50:18 am

I loved the article on building "Big Blue" and I am going to build it. My concern is I have a DV500 plus system on an old clunker running Win ME and I am concerned about compatibility as well as the idea that I might be wasting all that video-editing power on an older program that might not take full advantage of the new rig. Am I being paranoid or am I about to put a KIA transmission into a Ferrari?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Big Blue & DV 500 Plus
on Mar 4, 2005 at 5:26:09 am

DO NOT DO IT! If the DV500 is working, leave it alone. It is ancient technology. Premeire Pro 1.5 running on Big Blue will give you dramatically more real-time power and performance. If you need analog i/0, just ad a canopuis ADVC110 pr ADS Pyro AV Link.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Thira
Re: Big Blue & DV 500 Plus
on Mar 5, 2005 at 5:16:28 am

Well, that is kind of the problem. I can run well for quite awhile then suddenly, I crash big time. I mean, reinstall windows ME constantly kind of crash. Now, I have finished several projects this way, but its no way to live. Question is: better to start anew with the exciting new software; or try to salvage the old one by transplanting it to the new build, Big Blue? Big Blue will live, I swear it! Whose soul she has I cannot decide.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]