FORUMS: list search recent posts

new pc with 10,000 rpm drives

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marie boyer
new pc with 10,000 rpm drives
on Feb 27, 2005 at 3:08:40 am

I am thinking of building my own computer. For what I can order on-line, I can build a better computer for much less than I would pay to have one built locally. I am looking at buying 2 hard-drives, both with 10,000 rpm (rather than typical 7200). I have been told that this speed will enhance the digital video-editing process and is worth the extra money. (I save so much by buying the parts myself that I will have the extra funds.) What do you guys think? Go for it? What to watch out for? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: new pc with 10,000 rpm drives
on Feb 27, 2005 at 12:41:51 pm

Yes, 10K drives are better than 7200 for videoe diting work, but they come at a BIG premium. We feel the ideal storage configuration is:

# SATA Boot drive (40GB or larger)
# Pair of Identical SATA drives striped in a RAID0 configuration (2 x 120GB = 240GB)
# (optional) 4th SATA drive (40GB or larger) for back-ups, digital photo library, MP3 library

check out our video storage page for more info http://www.videoguys.com/techstorage.htm

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]