FORUMS: list search recent posts

ASUS sound & firewire cards

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marie boyer
ASUS sound & firewire cards
on Feb 20, 2005 at 1:27:57 pm

I am going to put the ASUS P4C800 E-Deluxe Motherboard into my new computer.
1. It has an integrated sound card. This means I do not need to purchase a sound card to input sound from DV camcorder into Pinnacle editing software, right? (sorry for basic question, but I am totally new at this)
2. What about a "firewire card" with this motherboard? My computer guy says that this motherboard has one built into it. Is he correct in terms of the firewire connection for DV editing? Am I all set if I order this motherboard, or do I need to order a separate firewire card?

Thanks. (getting close to purchase, so DIY/purchase related questions will soon come to an end!)

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: ASUS sound & firewire cards
on Feb 20, 2005 at 7:24:11 pm

Your mobo has built in sound and firewire. So you'll just need to plug in your camcorder and go.

Note; The FireWire connection is used to capture the DV footage. This captures botht the video and audio together. You do not plug anything into the audio inpout jacks for video capture.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

marie boyer
on Feb 21, 2005 at 1:36:55 am

Much appreciated. Sometimes it is hard to find simple answers in this DV editing world. But you guys are the best. Thanks.

p.s. I have not seen any updates to the Videoguys' recommendation of this motherboard. I will assume it is still #1 for DV editing. I am "banking" on Videoguys, bigtime.

Return to posts index

marie boyer
on Feb 22, 2005 at 8:17:12 pm

Need to ask two other questions regarding this motherboard. Hope you don't mind.

1. On this mobo, can you replace the RAM with one stick or is it always replaced with 2 sticks of identical RAM? (i.e., can you place one stick of 1 GIG on the motherboard, or do you have to use 2 x 512?)

2. There are two slots available on this mobo for "dual" drive memory? What does this signify?

Much appreciated if you can help! Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]