FORUMS: list search recent posts

RE:New Dual Xeon with LE 6 Pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tilford Bartman
RE:New Dual Xeon with LE 6 Pro
on Jan 27, 2005 at 12:53:18 pm

Here is a link to photos and specs on my new dual xeon system with Le 6 Pro.

http://www.zabludow.com/Tilfscomputer.htm

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: RE:New Dual Xeon with LE 6 Pro
on Jan 28, 2005 at 3:11:45 am

NICE!!!Cool

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Rich
by
on Mar 6, 2005 at 7:32:56 am

Just curiouse. How is life with your dual xeon? i have a bunch of friends who use Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5Ghz. They are always giving me a hard time about my PC. I want to build a PC that will make them eat their words(at least for a while). They are sure to have a come back eventually. I just want them to have to think about it a little harder.

Does that Asus MB go into an AXT case? I read something about trouble with onboard video from the videoguys. I guess you have that disabled? No IDE controller?

Anyway, I really have a need for speed. My current system is pushing the limits. It was ok when I was using Premiere 6.5 but I have upgraded to Premiere Pro 1.5 with DVStormRT2 and I need to give it some more room to stretch.

Later
Rich

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 6, 2005 at 3:53:48 pm

Hang tight, our DIY3 dual processor machine is being built now. We've run into some things along the way which we will share with everyone as part of the article.

We have learned that in addition to computer hardware knowledge, a dual xeon machine has some serious mechanical issues that must be acccounted for. The metal heat displacement for the CPUs are heavy, and when you stuff 2 of them into a box, it is much harder to keep cool.

Gary

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 6, 2005 at 3:54:01 pm

Hang tight, our DIY3 dual processor machine is being built now. We've run into some things along the way which we will share with everyone as part of the article.

We have learned that in addition to computer hardware knowledge, a dual xeon machine has some serious mechanical issues that must be acccounted for. The metal heat displacement for the CPUs are heavy, and when you stuff 2 of them into a box, it is much harder to keep cool.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]