FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dazzle DVC II capture card doesn't work on new pc

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
outta luck chuck
Dazzle DVC II capture card doesn't work on new pc
on May 16, 2004 at 4:13:19 pm

I bought this Dazzle capture card about 3 years ago and it worked fine with my old P4 1.7 ghz pc but it doesn't seem to work with my new P4 3.2ghzHT with a gig of ram and a ATI 9800xt 256mb video card("not an All-in-wonder or DVI I'm sad to say") and Pinnicle who took over Dazzle is not supporting the older Dazzle products which is ing me off because this card cost me $300 and for that price you would think you could get a little support. Anyone who has used this or a similar Dazzle product will tell you it's a good card and easy to use, my only gripe I had was the time it would take a slower pc like my 1.7gig to process the video, so now I go out and buy this Porsche of a pc and can't even take advantage of the extra power to edit my video clips which has put me in the dog house with my the wife because that was my main excuse for needing the faster pc("nice excuse), so if anybody has any suggestions or tips on how to get this capture card to work or even suggest an alternate card I'm all ears.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Dazzle DVC II capture card doesn't work on new
on May 16, 2004 at 7:28:25 pm

If you want help, rather than just to complain, you need to provide some information. What was to OS on your previous computer? Does your computer recognize the card and did you get an error message when you installed it? Do you get an error message when you try to capture? Have you tried changing PCI slots?

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsupport1.asp?division_id=1&langue_id=7&am...

This is a link to the Pinnacle/Dazzle support page where the latest available DVC II updates (including an update to Movie Star for Windows XP)are located.

I had nothing but trouble with audio-video synchronization using the DVC II. I also had trouble getting one computer that had the card installed to recognize it, often requiring that I re-start my computer before the card would work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]