FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame drop issue

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Scalise
Frame drop issue
on Dec 2, 2004 at 6:58:58 am

One day my system works fine...the next it doesn't Here is what happens...When playing my timeline in Premiere I get frame drop warnings and playback stops. I am using DV Storm...512 RAM...P4 system...I ran the storm test to check the video drive and it indicates the drive is operating well below the required levels needed for video....its in the red. It's a 7200 RPM drive and has been fine for the past 3 years...now this.
Also...if I copy a video file from the video drive to my "C" drive and play it ..no problem ...it plays fine. Anything I open to play off the "D"...video drive has issues playing...sluggish behavior and stopping.
The finger defintely points to the "D" drive...but why would it it not check out in storm test after all this time??
Thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Frame drop issue
on Dec 4, 2004 at 1:20:22 pm

1) Defrtag the drive
2) Make sure you have DMA enabled for it
3) Check the eide cable

If the three above don't work -Get a new drive ASAP. copy your files over. It sounds like the drvie is starting to fail.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Michael Scalise
Re: Frame drop issue
on Dec 9, 2004 at 4:11:28 am

Gary...

Thanks....I did all those items...no help...but I still replaced the drive with a new, larger capacity drive. The folks at Canopus said the bearings in the drive have probably failed and the drive could not rotate at its designated 7200 RPM...thus giving me the stuttering playback...and the failed "Storm Test" utility.
Up and running now....about to deliver the final product to client...just in time!!!

Michael
Black Tie Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]