FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Card for Avid Express Pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
russelbrown
Video Card for Avid Express Pro
on Sep 14, 2004 at 9:27:07 am

I have Avid Express Pro and I would like to know why is it so difficult to get a video card to work with their software? I have several models of nvidia cards all the way up to the GeForce 6800 GT and have loaded all of the latest drivers and I still get video problems. All of the other editing software programs work just fine with the cards.... but not AVID...right now the cheapest software package I got out-performs Avid express pro because it don't work at all. Sorry for the frustration but I have never seen a software package this particular over a graphics card.

Return to posts index

D_
Re: Video Card for Avid Express Pro
by
on Sep 15, 2004 at 7:14:27 am

O.K., you are obviously using WinXP and Avid just isn't working right.

My guess is the problem is not the video cards, but with a certain update in WinXP.

I can't recall which update it was, but once I removed that, I was able to get Avid to work normally. Check over at the Avid forums, the answer is buried in one of the threads over there. I hope this points you in the right direction. I don't have time right now to go look up the answer.

Good Luck!

Dylan

Return to posts index

russelbrown
on Sep 15, 2004 at 10:08:16 pm

What can I say D_ (I owe you....) 5 minutes after reading your reply I went to Avid found the thread and downloaded the patch and fixed the problem. I was headed down the wrong road the whole time...

Thanks...

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Sep 16, 2004 at 1:52:49 am

Happy videomaking! Glad to have helped.

Dylan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]