FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Magazines

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wahoofilm
Video Magazines
on Jul 22, 2004 at 3:23:24 am

I saw a new post by D_ recommending Video Maker Magazine. It made me want to look into this. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm currently a student and just starting out with DV film making, but ready to take it on seriously. Naturally, I'd like something that gives product reviews for everything from video equipment to software to computer hardware, as well as advice on how to shoot video itself. From looking at the website, Video Maker magazine looks pretty good. But I welcome more feedback and suggestions. Thanks.

-Brock

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Video Magazines
on Jul 22, 2004 at 10:44:18 am

Here's a free one with a lot of info for pro's-

http://digitalvideoediting.com/Htm/DVEditHomeSet1.htm

In addition to "Videomaker", you should look at "Camcorder & Computer", "DV", and "Videography". I think the reviews of entry-level products are a bit superficial, but the tips are good. I like "Computer Video" magazine from Great Britain for its product reviews.

"Computer Video" has a very good web site here-

http://www.computervideo.net/

BTW, the videoguys themselves have a lot of product reviews and tips that may interest you.

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Jul 24, 2004 at 2:28:37 am

KDaves,

Thanks, I enjoyed both sites.

computervideo

digitalvideoediting

D

Return to posts index

mvmaker
on Jul 28, 2004 at 1:06:55 pm

There are a lot of free magazines available to people if you are in the business. And since to be honest none of them check to make sure you are, they are free to everyone. Word of caution though.....most of the free mags offer reviews that are nothing more then thinly veiled advertisements.

When I first started out back in the early 90's I learned a lot from the guys who own this site. Not sure if they will remember me but I emailed them a few years back telling them how if it wasn't for their flyers in my mail and their website I might have never gone done the path of a digital filmmaker. They have always been ahead of the industry and saw the potential for digital media long before it became the "in" thing.

Read every article here like it was the bible and you'll learn more then you will in most of these so called digital film schools.

My motto: stay digital stay proud.

"I was digital when digital wasn't cool"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]