FORUMS: list search recent posts

hardware to a video newb

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yigalb
hardware to a video newb
on Jun 15, 2004 at 9:04:12 pm

I am new to the video world, but not to the PCs.
I want to store all my VCR tales on DVDs.
I also want to edit and create simple home movies using my analog Video camera.
What hardware do I need for that ?
How to connectthe video camera and VCR to the PC ?

Thx for the advice

Return to posts index

Gerald Rightmyer
Re: hardware to a video newb
on Jun 18, 2004 at 2:50:32 am

You need windows XP because it doesn't have limitations in file size like other versions of windows. I think it is a good idea to try and decide which software you want to use then look at the hardware recomendations rather than visa versa, but generally 1gb of ram or more I think is needed. You need a video capture card that has a break out box for connecting your analog camera to the computer. You also need a good graphics card. I think this site recommends the nvidia line. Please follow this link for more detailed recommendations http://www.videoguys.com/system.htm

I use the matrox RTX10 which comes bundled with adobe software and I love all the adobe software, but I consider video editing my hobby and will readily tell you that it is not what I would call user friendly. Adobe premiere Pro isn't as difficult to learn or Adobe Encore DVD, but Adobe after effects takes a fair amount of effort. There are a lot of free tutorials on the internet that have helped me a lot and the more I learn about after effects the more I like it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]