FORUMS: list search recent posts

best dv capture card w/o software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sk28
best dv capture card w/o software
by
on Apr 6, 2004 at 1:37:22 am

What would be a good DV editing solution that I can use given that I already have all the software (premier pro, after effects, audition etc) with me.

If I go for the Maxtrox xtreme suite/pro, it seems like they're charging me a lot for the software that I really do not need any more. If I were to just get a hardware card that would enhance the performance of my premier pro editing process, what would you guys recommend?

Total total total newbie here, do not have the knowledge to build my own system, will be getting one preassembled from someone like Tantus corporation. http://www.tantuscomputers.com/systems/highend_dv.php

(With a budget of around $2000, looking at hyper-threaded p4 3.0 Ghz, with 1 GB 3200 RAM, etc etc)

If you have other suggestions from places where I can buy decent digital video editing workstations, please let me know.. (no Hp, dell etc, customers assembled only, I think they are cheaper)

But most importantly, let me know what good H/w digital card I can buy without having to pay for the software because I already have the software.

Regards

Return to posts index

D_
Re: best dv capture card w/o software
by
on Apr 26, 2004 at 4:12:43 am

After looking at the tantus web page, I think I understand your question. You want to get a system built for video, but without the added cost of a fully configured and installed video editing suite.

The ADS Pyro Digital Video 1394DV card works for me. However, if you look carefully at the Tantus web page, down on the bottom, you see there are options for 1394 Fire Wire Cards. There is one listed for $29. That is all you need.

Other custom builders you can check:

Orision
Safe Harbor
1Beyond

Hope this helps,

Dylan

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Apr 26, 2004 at 4:24:33 am

After looking at the tantus web page, I think I understand your question. You want to get a system built for video, but without the added cost of a fully configured and installed video editing suite.

Personally, I recommend the ADS Pyro Digital Video 1394DV card. I am sure that the folks building your system could add this in an OEM version for about $50. The boxed version sells for $60 right here on videoguys.

Hope this helps,

Dylan

Return to posts index

sk28
by
on Apr 26, 2004 at 5:31:46 pm

I actually decided to go with the Matrox xtreme pro. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Did my first project recently (wedding) and the real-time effects definitely definitely speed up the process a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]