FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting files problem with my PC - h/w or s/w

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tedy Pet.
Converting files problem with my PC - h/w or s/w
on May 12, 2004 at 1:53:52 pm

I'm using a 1.4G pentium, Intel board, 512M RDRAM,50, 100, 120G HDs, Asus 7700 DL 32M, DC30+, Fireware, Promise 100, DVDR, CD burner, SBlaster, 21" Philips.
Installed at the first (50G) HD winxp pro, and at the second one (100G)HD Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere 6.5, Ulead Media Studio 7, Pinnacle Studio 9 and some other Graphics and converters software. Most of the codecs.
I'm capturing DV from my Sony dc100E without problems and got a very high quality footage.
I'm trying to convert it to SVCD, as I'd like to burn it. None of my software is doing this job corectly, as when I'm looking at the mpg file, each movement leaves a "comb like" trail behind the object. The objects became blurred - and I think I cannot use them for making an SVCD file.
No matter what I'm doing, increasing the biterate (up to 4000 at MPG2) - I'm getting the same problem. "Combs and rectangles".
I've tried to tweak the system, no TSRs, defragmented..no chance.
I don't have a Tachometer proggie that may check the HDs, but I think they are ok, as the DV capture is ok.
I'd like to hear your oppinions and get any help from the experts.
TIA
Tedy

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Converting files problem with my PC - h/w or s
on May 12, 2004 at 5:10:18 pm

what software are you using to convert the MJPEG from the DC30+ to SVCD MPEG files? My guess is that's the p[roblem, and it's probably a settings issue.

gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Tedy Pet.
on May 12, 2004 at 6:30:37 pm

Hello Gary,

Thank you for responding :)
I'm using the original software that was shipped with the board (ver 1.42), plus a driver that I've bought from a guy from Germany that developed a new driver (VER 1.5) for this board for working on XP only for Premiere 6.5, and that's the reason I have both Premiere Pro and 6.5 installed.
Usually I'm not using the DC+ board, I'm capturing DV, but I have a lot of old casettes that I'm converting from time to time...
It may be that this one may cause the problem, but as I've told before, it doesn't matter which progranm I'm using, I'm getting the same results.

Return to posts index

John Q
on May 13, 2004 at 1:48:14 am

When you have a combing effect, that's typically due to having the wrong field order setting. Regular video is interlaced. Half the video lines are displayed in the first half of a frame, and the other half are displayed in the second half. Your capture settings must match the input video on digitization. For NTSC video, it should be lower field first. For PAL video, it should be upper field first.

Return to posts index

Tedy Pet.
on May 13, 2004 at 2:53:00 am

Thank you John,
but the problem of the combing effect is on my PC MONITOR, and there are no fields.... Anyway, I've tried the "no fields" option,
and got it the same.
I suspect that it's a CODEC problem, or the DC+ MJPEG problem...But to be sure, I'm going to take out the DC+ board, and make a new XP install without additional codecs.
What I'm afraid is that it's a CPU problem or memories...but I had no problems when I made it with WinME and Win2k some time before.
I need the XP for the Premiere Pro...
Anyway I'll reformat this weekend...
Thanx again,
Tedy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]