FORUMS: list search recent posts

trying to fix up this system

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephanie
trying to fix up this system
on May 5, 2004 at 2:52:37 pm

I am trying to find out if it is worth it to upgrade this system or if I have to get a workstation from Dell. Here is what I have:

Motherboard: KT4AV-L
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1500+ 1.35MHz
RAM: Elixir 1 GB of PC2100 266 MHz
Video Card: Matrox Millennium G550
Hard Drives: Western Digital WD1200JB 120 GB IDE Drive
WD2500JB 250 GB IDE Drive

Optical Drive: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107

The optical drive is compatible with the Adobe Studio Suite which I already have, the RAM seems to be decent, the Matrox Card does not get complaints I have seen. Can I upgrade my AMD and have this sytem work? I was also wondering if the RX100 would work well with this system. If I had to get a P4 3MHz from Dell or someone, could I salvage my own copy of the Adobe Software, my Matrox Card, My hard drives, and my optical drive, Also, my copy of Windows XP Professional? It is sticky to already own all this stuff that seems to be what I need, but NOT QUITE.... the system works fine for all my other mulimedia, but I need to do editing on a 16:9 digital feature I am working with a coworker. (He has Avid Express on a workstation).
Our first nightmare is how to transfer files, then the nightmare is, how to get anything to run on my CPU. I want to be able to play back large files and be able to see them on my screen realtime. (just like he does with ease in Avid...)
Please help advise me on what to do to get up and working!

Thanks
Stephanie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]