FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can the Canopus Twinpact100 do this?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
froejoe
Can the Canopus Twinpact100 do this?
on Mar 26, 2004 at 4:21:43 pm

I need to capture the raw VGA output from a PC to another machine (DV deck, PC, or Mac w/FireWire) so I can create screenshots of what happens during the source machine's boot process. For example, as the source PC goes through its boot process, I'd like to capture the entire sequence of events in iMovie. From there, I can create stills of selected frames.

Can the Twinpact100 do this or do I need to look at another product?

Thanks!

Joe

Return to posts index

froejoe
Re: Can the Canopus Twinpact100 do this?
on Apr 3, 2004 at 1:46:05 am

Where's the Video Guy when you need him most?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Can the Canopus Twinpact100 do this?
on Apr 4, 2004 at 2:34:46 pm

Any scan converter will do this, but I'm not sure what the quality will be. A scan converter takes whatever is on the VGA screen and converts it into a TV signal. THat's the good news. The issue is that the quality of the pre-windows image can be anywhere from great ot average to poor. It really depends ont he scan converter box and how dependent it is on the Windows drivers for optimal performance.

The twinpack is designed for caturing your desktop into DV. This is great for folks making training videos and stuff like that. I'm just not sure what results you'll get with the boot-up screens. I poked around the Canopus sight and couldn't find much on this either. The twinpack requires DirectX 8 or higher. DirectX gets loaded by Windows. So this leads me to believe that it may not be a good fit for your needs.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]