FORUMS: list search recent posts

?'s regarding a PC I'm building for Video Editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rstricke
?'s regarding a PC I'm building for Video Editing
on Mar 2, 2004 at 6:30:53 pm

I'm building a PC primarily for home Video and Photo editing. I've listed the components I've already purchased below as well as some I'm concidering. I'm new to video editing and thus have much to learn. My goal is to build a PC that will allow me to upload video and pictures from Digital and non digital sources. I currently have a Canon ZR70 camcorder and Canon G5 camera. While I have most of the components I plan to use, I'm still up in the air regarding a good video card and device for connecting/ converting material from non-digital input devices. I'm not made of money, but would like to have a system which will easily meet my current and future needs as I learn the process. I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions you might be able to offer.

Current hardware:
Antec Sonata Case w/ 380w PSU
Abit IC7-G Max2 Mainboard
1GB Corsair PC3200 XMS RAM
2) Maxtor 80GB SATA Hard drives in RAID 0
Lite-On 48X Combo drive

Items concidering (Not purchased yet)
1 - 120-200 GB SATA Hard drive for storage

DVD/RW -(Plextor 708A or NEC ND-2500A, or TDK Indi Model AID+880N)

All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro ? (What do you think about this as a Video card choice? Is there a better option?)

Plextor ConvertX M402U (for non digital video conversion)(Suggestions/ comments/ other options?)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

XXFirefighter
Re: ?'s regarding a PC I'm building for Video Edi
on Mar 4, 2004 at 5:12:55 pm

Looks good to me but the guys here hate VIA chipsets...
and nvidia..

Look @ what I just built and I'll let you know tomorrow when I pick it up how it does !

Return to posts index

Damon Gaskin
Re: ?'s regarding a PC I'm building for Video Edi
on Mar 6, 2004 at 9:39:10 am

The main thing you want to beware of when building an editing system are the VIA chipsets(Athlon 64 chipsets excluded) since from what I have read and heard they do not have the bandwith to deal with firewire captures and exports. Besides that, I think your list from what I know looks good. I personally like Pioneer burners, but you say tomato, I say TOMATO' thing. I would suggest going with a Matrox graphic card such as the P650 for stability and image quality. But besides that, your good to go bud. Later,

Damon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]