FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video card for P4 system

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JimMace
Video card for P4 system
on Feb 24, 2004 at 7:44:23 pm

I am beginning to plan and budget for a P4 NLE solution, and I had a question regarding video cards that has me scratching my head. Currently, on my dual AMD system I have a Geforce 4 with 128 MB of RAM, and after reading some of the posts in this forum, as well as my inability to get the vivo working correctly (or at all for that matter) I think I will go with a Matrox card. After researching some of their dual head cards, I noticed that they run a little light on the RAM. Now, I am not a gamer, and I do do a little 3-D work. Why is there such a difference in RAM between the ATI, NVidia, and Matrox cards? Secondly, does it really matter when it comes to NLE, and running dual monitors?

Return to posts index

bee gee
Re: Video card for P4 system
on Apr 16, 2004 at 1:03:00 pm

JimMace,
I'm building just now as well. If you're going for an avid setup, a little tour of the avid community forums will point you in the right direction. You'll have to dig a little, but it's a great resource. Most people seem to recommend intel everything - 875P motherboards for single P4 cpu's apparently are pretty standard issue. You'll also find reams of stuff regarding graphics cards that actually work, and info on how to configure them.

Best of luck with the build.

Bill G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]