FORUMS: list search recent posts

P4 vs AMD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
P4 vs AMD
on Feb 20, 2004 at 7:30:38 pm

WOW! We seem to have stirred up a bit of controversy here. We are not anti- AMD. In fact, I'll bet many of you guys can build a killer AMD solution for under $1,000 that could beat ours.

We went with a P4 because we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our customers to use our DIY article as a guide for building their own. So one of the BIGGEST requirements was compatability with all our NLE software and hardware.

I'm looking forward to hearing about DIY AMD workstations from our users. Post your system specs here, and don't forget to include the Digital Video gear you are running on it!

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

dorkn
Re: P4 vs AMD
on Feb 20, 2004 at 8:41:38 pm

Well I hope my post wasn't taken the wrong way. I just always read or hear about P4 systems and not much from the AMD users... Forums are the best route for technical help these days from end users. I have my system posted in the DIY AMD system section I started. Thanks for starting this one. I like both companies but at the time AMD offers best bang for the $$$ IMOP...

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Feb 20, 2004 at 8:54:06 pm

I've actually gotten a few emails from AMD guys already. So you are not alone Wink

Jon & I came up with the idea for the article and this message board section as a way for everyone to share experiences and help eachother. I'd like nothing better then to have 50 guys post 50 different configs that are running great for NLE!

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

dorkn
on Feb 21, 2004 at 8:06:22 pm

Amen me too. The AMD based people will have to pull together to figure out what works and doesn't work in a NLE System. Hopely this section of the forum will help figure that out. Or spark up what are the problems and work with the hardware vendors on how to resolve them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]