FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upcoming move

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
ForumExperts
Upcoming move
on Dec 29, 2002 at 12:28:53 am

Hello, 'Guys.

We are being forced to move to a new network by horrible reliability, security and support issues at our current provider.
On Jan.1.2003 your forum will be moving to a new server. Nothing will change except the link that accesses the forums. The new link will be:

http://videoguys.forumexperts.com

Our new location is already set up and running, and the transition of your forum will happen with only a few minutes of downtime. I will install a redirect at the old address that will automatically forward anyone to the new address, but you should change the links on your website when you can. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I would have hoped that I could have kept your existing URL, but because our current provider refuses to give us access to our own DNS records, this is the only way I can make the transition without your forum being offline for 48-72 hours.

Please email me at mhodge@forumexperts.com if you have any questions.

Many Thanks!

Martin Hodge
-ForumExperts

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Upcoming move
on Dec 29, 2002 at 7:53:12 pm

OUCH!!! Our site is not synamic. I've got links going to the message board on almost every page

How long will I be able to run with the old URL still active?
Can you get me a report of which pages of mine are still pointing to the old URL after a few weeks.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

ForumExperts
on Dec 29, 2002 at 11:24:18 pm

You're fine, Gary. I was a bit hasty in my previous message. The redirects will be permanent, so you can change the links at your leisure, if ever.

In other words, everything will continute to function normally if you do nothing at all.

Martin Hodge
-ForumExperts

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Dec 30, 2002 at 12:22:42 am

COOL!!

I want to do some minor adjustments to the article links for each forum. I'll get them to you in a couple of weeks.

Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year. Send my best to Soc.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]