FORUMS: list search recent posts

HP xw4200 for newbie?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marie boyer
HP xw4200 for newbie?
on Mar 15, 2005 at 12:54:04 pm

You guys recommend this computer on your website. It has the 925E chipset. Before I make a decision, is this TOO much computer for a non-professional who will use Pinnacle Studio 9 (with hopes one day of using Liquid)?

p.s. All computers with P4, 3ghz, 2 hard drives, video card, and other specs you recommend in DIY article cost $1400 anyway. Is it worth it to go ahead and buy the HP workstation ($1700) since I am buying brand new computer?

p.s.s. I trust videoguys so much. I will call HP today if you guys say "buy the HP workstation even though you are not a professional." If you say it is overkill for a newbie/nonprofessional, I will go back to the drawing board.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: HP xw4200 for newbie?
on Mar 15, 2005 at 7:36:30 pm

HP Machines are expensive besause they are "bullet proof". From top to bottom they use only the best components and the drivers are optimized for digital content creation (ie video editing). You pay a premium for this, but you can't go wrong with one - if you have the budget.

While it may be overkill today for Studio 9, doen the road you'll be gla you got it. Especially when you upgrade to a more powerful editing program - like Liquid Edition.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]