FORUMS: list search recent posts

Most important hardware for video editing...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dhwachs
Most important hardware for video editing...
on Feb 14, 2005 at 12:45:03 am

I am about to buy a new computer. I am NOT a gamer, but do intend to video editing and DVD authoring.

My question is this... how important is the video card in video editing? I am planning on putting 1 Gig of 533mHz RAM in the machine, but don't know whether I need to upgrade the video card from the 128MB ATI Radeon X300 SE to the 256MB nVidea GeForce 6800. I am thinking that the upgrade is unnecessary, but do not want to "shoot myself in the foot".

How important is the video card in the video editing process? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dark Knight
Re: Most important hardware for video editing...
on Feb 14, 2005 at 8:59:18 pm

How important the video card is in an editing system depends on which software you are using. For example, Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6 uses the video card heavily, whereas something like Adobe Premiere doesn't use it too much at all. That said, I would say that the X300 should be perfectly fine for whatever software you want to use (though the 6800 rocks in Liquid Edition).

On another note, if you're not gaming on the system you should be able to get away with a slightly lower RAM speed (400mHz to be specific) with no problems, to save a little money.

Rob
ADK Video Editing

Return to posts index

Joelava
Re: Most important hardware for video editing...
on Mar 2, 2005 at 5:12:20 pm

http://www.videoguys.com/DIY2.html

Check out the recommended systems here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]