FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with audio-Have Video Capture

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kymedic1481p
Need help with audio-Have Video Capture
on Feb 13, 2005 at 5:21:13 pm

I have a Panasonic PV-L850 Palmcorder. I am using Pinnacle AV/DV Version 9. I have Video Capture, but am stumped on Audio.
I can hook up my Camcorder to my VCR and tape all day long with the (yellow-white) RCA jack. BUT I am not getting Audio. I want to convert my daughters tapes to DVD, however it won't do any good if I do not have sound. I have a PCI slot(card) with both S-Video and Video in and out.
Do I have to connect the White RCA to my sound card??? Does anyone know where I can find out how to connect this right? Or a Picture would help so I do not connect the wrong thing.

ANY help is Greatly appreciated
Kerri

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Need help with audio-Have Video Capture
on Feb 13, 2005 at 8:22:48 pm

How have you been connecting the audio jack on the camcorder to the capture card?

If you are connecting the camcorder directly to the capture card, then connect the camcorder audio jack to the corresponding jack on the capture card. The capture card manual and the camcorder manual should explain how to set it up properly, including how to capture mono audio.

You could also connect your camcorder to the VCR as you have been doing and connect the outputs on the VCR to the capture card.
In this case, you also need to make sure that the VCR outputs are correctly set for mono out.

I just noticed that the Studio AV/DV does not have audio-in on the card itself, so you will need to connect the audio cable to the sound card.

Return to posts index

wallygater
Re: Need help with audio-Have Video Capture
on Mar 11, 2005 at 1:27:46 pm

Check out the Pinnacle dazzle dvc90 it runs about $90. or less and it will make your life much easier.Cool

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]