FORUMS: list search recent posts

dropped frames in Premiere 6.5

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thespis
dropped frames in Premiere 6.5
on Feb 8, 2004 at 4:22:59 am

Hi,

I'm consistently averaging 1 dropped frame in 120 during capture, even when using a new tape. My camcorder is a Sony DCR-TRV22. Premiere 6.5 is set up using device control and Sony/standard as the device.

My system is a HP ze4316 laptop. Mobile Pentium 4/2.2G. 512M ram. OS is XP HOME. My pagefile is setup to 2x Ram. I capture to an external HD, but it drops frames at roughly the same rate to the (much smaller/lower performance)internal drive. The external drive is a Seagate Barracuda 80G 7200rpm Ultra ATA/100 (http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/0,1081,581,0.... The HD is using default settings It is in an ION enclosure connected to the laptop by a 2-port USB 2.0 cardbus. The 2 onboard USB ports are 1.1.

The camcorder is connected via a (cheap ?)firewire cable (4-pin to 4-pin) to the onboard IEEE1394 socket.

All equipment is new in the last 6 months. All drivers were updated from HP's website yesterday. Both HDs have been defragged. I have applied all the relevant (to my system) tweaks suggested by David LaBorde which I found at this site.

Any suggestions?

regards
Thespis

Return to posts index

thespis
Re: dropped frames in Premiere 6.5
on Feb 8, 2004 at 4:33:13 am

Ooops, I neglected to mention, sytem is PAL

regards

Return to posts index

XXFirefighter
on Feb 22, 2004 at 6:06:33 am

SAME camera, SAME problem...

I think I found my problems...

VIA Chipsets
We don't really recommend these chipsets, because of PCI bottlenecks. If your motherboard uses the VIA chipset, it is important that you download and install the latest 4-in-1 driver, version 4.23 or later. You can download this from your motherboard vendor's sight. Note: Installing the latest 4-in-1 driver will improve your system performance, but it may not solve your NLE compatibility issues. If you have a choice, do not get a VIA chipset.

Integrated EIDE RAID controllers on the motherboard
Our customers have had many tech issues with built on raid controllers. Most times it is a driver or bios issue. But with some mobo / chipsets, the on board raid controllers gobble up resources and can actually slow down system performance and throughput for NLE. That's why Videgoguys don't give them a strong recommendation. We aren't saying they don't work, it's just that too often they are troublesome.

Return to posts index

mojohand
on Aug 27, 2004 at 1:47:07 am

Try going into BIOS and deactivating the native 1.1 USB drivers. I'm using VIA with no problems but you must have the latest 4in1 drivers. Would not use VIA again though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]