FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are educational discounts available for Avid?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Kevin
Are educational discounts available for Avid?
on Jan 16, 2005 at 3:36:44 am

Hi there,

I'm a full-time College Student. I know that Avid offers a great student price for Avid Express Pro, but the student version doesn't offer the normally included 3rd Party Software and it's not the newer HD version.

Is there a way to purchase Avid Express Pro HD with the 3rd Party software and still get a student discount?

Also, do you guys offer a student price on Avid's Mojo?

I'm basically interested in the full Avid Express Pro including DVD authoring with Sonic Solutions ReelDVD; encoding with Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite; and professional soundtrack creation with SmartSound Sonicfire Pro and the Mojo.

But I'm a starving student and need a little help here!

Thanks for your time,

John Kevin

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Are educational discounts available for Avid?
on Jan 17, 2005 at 4:34:35 pm

We sell the Student pack to all students at $295. The upgrade to Xpress Pro HD is $50 and only available on the Avid website right now.

The third party software you would need we also sell at student prices. You can get REELDVDLE, what is included with the retail version of the Avid XPRESSPRO software, for $199.00. Also, you can get all the Sonic Fire Pro titles at 5% off. We do not carry the Sorenson Squeeze software on it's own, but we do have a bundle from Ulead that included DVD WORKSHOP2 & Sorenson Squeeze. This bundle is available for $569.95 at academic prices.

We also carry full versions of Boris FX & Boris Graffiti at $199.95 each. A limited version of Graffiti comes with the Xpress Pro bundle. Lastly, MOJO's are $995 each.

email dan@specialtyvideosupply.com if you have anymore questions or you can call him at 800-323-2325 x123

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]