FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture with ADS Instant DVD, edit with Premiere?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ratspike
Capture with ADS Instant DVD, edit with Premiere?
on Feb 6, 2004 at 12:35:25 am

I have an Instant DVD USB box and I'm starting to wonder if it's the right choice for what I need to do...

I want to capture video from my GL1, edit in Premiere, then be able to make DVD's if I choose. Web use is the primary intent for now but I suspect I'll want to put video on disc as well. The problem? Capturing seems to go pretty smoothly but whenever I try to export anything from Premiere it ends up horribly jerky with out of sync audio. Video I've worked on in the past with a Matrox G450 was never a problem but this Instant DVD thing really has me wondering if it was a bad choice.

So then, anyone out there using the Instant DVD/Premiere combo to edit and output video? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated. If the Instant DVD box is just the wrong tool then someone please say so.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Capture with ADS Instant DVD, edit with Premie
on Feb 7, 2004 at 2:41:32 pm

Instant DVD captures into MPEG2. Premiere can not edit MPEG2. So you have 2 choices:

1) Go with Instant DVD, but get a different NLE. Ulead Media Studio Pro edits MPEG2 files very well

2) Get a different capture device that will give you DV files for Premiere to edit. The GL1 is a SUPERB DV camcorder. I suggest you capture in DV, edit in Premiere, then export to MPEG2 for DVD authoring. Check out our FireWire page for all your options here
http://www.videoguys.com/firewire.htm

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

ratspike
Re: Capture with ADS Instant DVD, edit with Premie
on Feb 8, 2004 at 4:38:07 pm

a-ha! So I'm not crazy after all. :) Thanks for the clarification on Instant DVD. Since I already have Premiere I'm thinking the ADS Pyro should do exactly what I want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]