FORUMS: list search recent posts

basic inforamtion on getting started

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wildepuzzles
basic inforamtion on getting started
on Dec 22, 2004 at 1:20:00 am

Hi there,
I’m looking for a bit of advice with regard to putting different types of signal onto a computer for editing recording to DVD.

Firstly, I recently installed a TV card on my computer and enjoy having the ability to have a minimum size screen in one corner to view whilst performing my usual tasks. I’ve even recorded the odd old movie to watch at a later date, but to date I haven’t figured out what kind of program I need to be able to edit a movie to remove ads and stuff like that. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Secondly, I have a lot of tapes from my Sony Hi-8 video camera that I would like to edit on computer and then record over on to DVD. How do I do this? I have a few cords that came with the camera, but despite my best attempts to link the camera up to the computer via the video and TV cards I can’t seem to get a signal – I have no problem hooking the camera up to a normal TV, but the jacks don’t seem the same. What should I do?

Any help on either front would be very much appreciated.

Tim

PS - Not that I'm in any hurry to do it, but down the track I wouldn't mind finding someone who can transfer a bunch of old super-8 films to digital format - who should I try?

My system is as follows -
Motherboard – ASUS P4P-800 Deluxe
CPU – P4 3.0 Prescott
RAM – Kingston 512 DDR SDRAM
Video card – Radeon 9600
Soundcard – Basic Seagate
Tuner card – MSI 8606
Hard drive – Seagate 80 G
DVD RW – Optorite
DVD ROM – Samsung

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>