FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Home Movie Maker has questions

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mrtrips
New Home Movie Maker has questions
on Nov 25, 2004 at 12:50:23 am

I am a newbie....here is what I want to know.....

1. If I have digital cam stereo audio can I improve the quality of it for a concert shot live from the audience? (Can it be equalized real time or do I have to extract it, equalize it and then re-synch it? What software does this?

2. I made a Win Movie Maker v2 movie and output it as an AVI file on hard disk. Now I want to author it to DVD. I need to add menus and chapter points. What is the best moderate priced software to do this? (DVDit v5 ???)

3. Anybody had any experience with Ulead Visual Studio v8 for home movie making, dvd authoring?

Comments appreciated...thanks

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: New Home Movie Maker has questions
on Nov 26, 2004 at 12:27:41 am

I use Video Studio 8 and really like it. The DVD module is essentially the same as Ulead's DVD Movie Factory 2. You can create menu's and chapter points, but you cannot create motion menu's (motion backgrounds or thumbnails). Customization is limited to a choice of layouts (text and thumbnail position on the menu) for each menu template, while the text font, size, etc. can be customized to suit yourself. DVD Movie Factory 3 adds motion menu's. DVD Workshop is Ulead's advanced DVD authoring software. It allows you to create menu's from scratch or to choose from templates which can be fully customized.

Video Studio 8 lets you adjust the volume and balance of the audio track of a video clip or you can separate the audio clip to a new file and either re-import it to one of the two audio overlay tracks and apply any of five audio filters (Amplify, Long Echo, Normalize, Remove Noise or Stadium) or edit it in an audio editing program before re-importing.

For more advanced audio editing you might look at Sony's Sound Forge Audio Studio, which will let you edit the audio of a DV clip without extracting it first.

I recommend that you download trials of the Ulead and Sony software to see if they suit you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]