FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the Best Mpeg 2 Encoder

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Jones
What is the Best Mpeg 2 Encoder
on Nov 22, 2004 at 12:47:52 am

Hi Guys,
I have a Sony VX2100 camera for acquisition and capture footage into my computer via a OHCI 1394 built into my mother board. I am using Premier Pro 1.5 for capture and editing. After my editing, if I print to tape the results are as good as the original.
But I am having trouble getting good quality onto DVD!
I have tried the Mainconcept encoder in Premier but very unhappy with the results. I even tried the Mainconcept Mpeg Pro plug in for Premier and still not happy. I have created a DVD using DVD Workshop 2 and let it do the transcoding and the results were about the same. I have output the footage from my camera to a stand alone DVD recorder and this looked good. But no matter what I try with software encoders I am not happy with the results. I have tried variable bit rates and constant bit rates and set them as high as 8.5 Mbits but still can not get anywhere near the quality of the original footage. The results are very soft picture, grain and the picture is alive around text and other objects. Can anyone tell me what is the best software mpeg 2 encoder and what are the best settings for this encoder.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: What is the Best Mpeg 2 Encoder
on Nov 24, 2004 at 9:14:17 am

we really like the Canopus ProCoder software. It's not cheap ($499.95), but the results are outstanding http://www.videoguys.com/procoder.html

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

tsmksey
Re: What is the Best Mpeg 2 Encoder
on Nov 24, 2004 at 2:23:30 pm

I use the $24 nero ultra6 mpeg2 encoder and I'm very happy with that. It sure beats Pinnacle 6 mpeg encoder. Oh by the way is the Canopus ProCoder Software that much better? I am just wondering. I know I would have a hard time paying $500 if the nero does just as good or close to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]