FORUMS: list search recent posts

Samsung SCL700 Camcorder Issue

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danielbugs
Samsung SCL700 Camcorder Issue
on Oct 12, 2004 at 1:40:35 pm

We have a Samsung SCL700 Hi8 Camcorder and we would like to be able to transfer video from it to our computer. We have a
DVD burner on the computer and it would be great to be able to put the video on DVDs. Unfortunately, this camcorder does not have USB connections and I am not sure whether there is a cable that will allow us to connect from the Audio/Video port on the camcorder to a USB port on the computer. If so, it seems that this would be helpful to us. The camcorder does have an S-video port. Also, we are not sure what drivers, software, etc. would be best to help in this effort.

Any ideas on the feasibility of doing this, what we need and what we don't will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Samsung SCL700 Camcorder Issue
on Oct 13, 2004 at 12:56:20 am

Your camcorder is an analog camcorder, so the video must be digitized before you can "author" a DVD from it. I assume you want the best quality video possible, so I would recommend that you get either an analog-to-Mpeg-2 converter (which was designed to work with USB 2.0 ports) or and analog-to-DV converter (which was designed to work with fire wire ports). The analog-to-Mpeg-2 converter digitizes the video directly to the format needed for DVD creation. The analog-to-DV converter digitizes the video to DV .avi the file format that is used by most digital camcorders.

This is a link to the ADS Tech page where you can find details on their products.

http://www.adstech.com/products/intro/products.asp

Do you have a USB 2.0 port or a fire wire port?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]