FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to tape a Food TV video?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Kwak
How to tape a Food TV video?
on Oct 6, 2004 at 6:04:13 am

Hello everyone, I am planning on taping a "food tv" sort of a video with my friends.
Two friends will prepare the ingredients, pots, and all that good stuff and come up with a meal.

I like to tape this from start to end like what they do in food tv. Something that we can cherish when we get older. :)

I will be using a tripod for filming. I have never done a "food tv" videotaping and like to get some tips and help. I will have only one dv camcorder during the shot.

1) Do I tape the cooking from start to finish in one shot (not stopping)?

2) Or do I record the ingredient preparation and the entire procedures first and then record the cooks pretending to be cooking at a later tape....so that I can cut and edit the two tapes and make it look more interesting?

I will do cut/editing after the taping at a later date. I like to do this right and make it a bit enjoyable for future viewing.
And as you can see, I have no idea on how to approach this simple project. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Marc Peters
Re: How to tape a Food TV video?
on Oct 15, 2004 at 11:30:15 pm

I would thoroughly recommend that you watch (analyse!) a few food programmes before you even start filming.

As with any filming, the first step is to plan and script everything from start to finish. Just picking up the cam and shooting will no doubt involve much frustration and ultimately takes!

It will also quite possibly be one of the hardest things you could have chosen to shoot: consider that work surfaces are typically positioned against walls in kitchens. So it may be wise to concentrate filming on a "bench" (i.e a worksurface with access from both sides). Also think about heat steaming up the lens!

Apart from that, you'll need good lighting (you want to see the food!), lots of close ups and more than one cam.

Just a few ideas for you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]