FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help needed

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
polylawman
Help needed
on Sep 22, 2004 at 1:26:47 pm

I am looking for information concerning video capture. I work for a law enforcement agency and at times we receive VHS tapes that were used in time lapse recorders, an example might be the mom and pop store that has video cameras set up in their store recording shopliftings. What my agency ultimately needs to be able to do is print a still picture, such as a picture of the shoplifter, from the vhs tape. We want to copy the tape into a computer and with editing software, pick out and print the pictures of the bad guys. Can someone please suggest hardware with regards to the capture device. I am comfortable working, setting up a computer, just not the video capture end of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Help needed
on Sep 22, 2004 at 9:25:14 pm

Whatever capture hardware you use, the product for creating a high quality snapshot from video is available from RedHawkVision.

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Sep 23, 2004 at 1:06:59 am

Sounds like you need Analog to Digital Conversion.

For Hardware Check out Canopus ADVC 50/100/300 series.

For Software, avoid Pinnacle.
Check out:
Ulead VideoStudio or MediaStudio Pro. (I use MSP 7)
Adobe video products are great, but the learning curve can be steep.
Avid is the same.

I also use Scenealyzer to import video.

I orginally had a longer post, but the computer ate my homework so-to-speak and I lost the fine words I had written. I hope this shorter rewrite helps.

Good Luck

Dylan

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Sep 23, 2004 at 1:18:02 am

Would a capture card capable of capturing "uncompressed" video be a better choice than one digitizing the video as DV .avi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]