FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mini Cam

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
D_
Mini Cam
by
on Sep 15, 2004 at 2:34:07 pm

I'm looking for a video camera, or minicam like you see mounted on helmets and such. Ideally it should be flexible so that I can mount it anywhere, and I also need a strong clip to be able to attach it to things like an airplane dash. Further, I need some way to isolate the vibrations of the aircraft from the lens.

I am hoping this set up will do two things: 1. Reduce damage to my video equipment due to vibrations; and 2. Allow more camera angles (such as looking back at the crew and passengers, or looking outside).

I also need the mini-cam to be fairly sensitive to low ambient light.

Just looked around B+H but I didn't see what I was looking for.
Anyone have any ideas where I can find any or all of this equipment?

Dylan

Return to posts index

mark929
Re: Mini Cam
on Nov 12, 2004 at 7:26:14 pm

Dylan

I bought a mini helmet cam for my motorcycle last year that works great.

http://www.helmetcamera.com/

The camera itself is small and cylindrical. It came with a very sturdy mount which sticks to whatever surface very securely. I have used it on the top and side of my helmet, and it has withstood wind speeds in excess of 120mph.

The cam is attached to my Sony digi camcorder via a cable. I keep the camcorder itself in a backpack as I ride. The mini cam itself give a pretty stable picture, but the image stabilization software in my camcorder does the rest. The video turns out so well that everyone wants to ride with me so they can see themselves on my big screen. :-)

Mark

Return to posts index

D_
Re: Mini Cam
by
on Nov 23, 2004 at 11:56:27 am

Awesome!

Just what the doctor ordered! BTW What kind of battery life do you happen to get?

Dylan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]