FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bottom Line: Hourly Earnings = ?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carson Ray
Bottom Line: Hourly Earnings = ?
on Sep 14, 2004 at 11:03:16 pm

Howdy, folks:

I'm researching the idea of getting into the 1)Wedding Video; 2)8mm/VHS/Slide digital xfr; and 3) "Family Memories" DVD/Montage Business. I'll be using a top-line computer system; pro-level video (a la VX2000); & editing software (Premiere Pro). I've seen the various charge rates quoted by businesses on their websites, but overall, what does the hourly work-rate (ballpark!) come to on average?

For instance, for a 1-man / 2-camera wedding job that is typically priced at $1,295, how many hours of work, total goes into that?

And for a $1,000 montage of photos and VHS clips put onto a DVD with a few special effects, some music, and a few photo touch-ups, about how many hours does that usually come to?

And if you transfer five 400ft 8mm reels onto DVDs... about how many hours does it take? ( I'm currently thinking of buying a CineMate-20 from http://www.moviestuff.tv )

I realize this doesn't take into account my hours of marketing, paperwork, etc. -- but this gives me an idea as to how much business I need to generate.

(Now if you could just tell me how many people will come thru my door with "average jobs", making a decision to go into the business would be real easy ;?)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]