FORUMS: list search recent posts

Betamax to DVD then still capture, method ok ?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merlin
Betamax to DVD then still capture, method ok ?
on Sep 4, 2004 at 1:32:11 pm

I aim to transfer to DVD-R my Betamax footage. No real intention on editing its contents, just wish to be able to view it again.
First borrow a betamax player (as my C9 is dead) then hook it up to my camcorder to act as the analog to digital converter, then ouput via firewire to the PC. I have Adobe premier 6 and 40Gb empty drive for video capture. I understand that if this goes onto the HD via premiere capturing it on the fly, it will be an AVI file. I need to get this into VOB file on the DVD so afterwards I write it to DVD using my Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD burning prog.

Am I on the right lines here ?

If I later on want to capture a still frame from this footage, I can use my Intervideo WinDVD4 player program. This works on DVD movies I have and seems an excellent prog compared to WinMediaPlayer, sound and picture are excellent and frame by frame controls likewise.

To use Premiere its best to have the AVI file for stills, is that so, it does not support VOB files.

....or should I save my Betamax recordings as MPEG2, need to know which is better for quality, planning on getting the most quality and footage onto a DVD, and having it also play on a DVD player into a TV set ? I shall also be capturing a friends Beta recordings also for him.

I am told my Sony C9 recordings need another C9 to show them at best. However at £622 to fix it, its prohibitive so would I notice much difference with a C6 or on a Sanyo etc ?

Merlin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]