How can I speed up the rendering
on Sep 4, 2004 at 8:30:13 am

Fist my pc amd 3000 1gig ram
160 ultra main drive
120 gig ultra for storage
nvida 5700 256ram 8x agp
Fresh install of winxp pro sp2
adobe preimer and unleadvideo studio 7
I tried pinnacle 9 but it would not install it kept crashing.

DVD authoring:

I have no trouble capturing the video I dont loose any quality or frames. I am caputring through my built in firewire.
If I change video cards can I capture compressed avi? and keep quality?

After I get all the editing done and my software is rendering the video which takes along time. I think. Is there anyway I can speed this up? with out just buying a new pc This I do not want to to at this time.

Thanks very much for your help and time.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: How can I speed up the rendering
on Sep 5, 2004 at 12:56:50 am

The only way to really speed this up is to add hardware acceleration. I started with a Matrox Rainbow Runner, but quickly ran out of hard drive space. You just can't store much video on an 8 GB SCSI drive, which was considered a large AV drive at the time. Then I switched to an ADS Pyro and found I didn't like waiting to render video while editing, so I upgraded to a Matrox RT2000, which gave me realtime editing. When DVD burners became affordable ($500), I got tired of waiting to transcode for DVD, so I upgraded to an RT.X100, which gives me realtime transcoding.

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
what can I do
on Sep 5, 2004 at 2:19:04 am

Is there anything I can do that will speed up rendering the final product significatly for say around $300???

I wont be getting a new mb+cpu for another 6-8 months but would really like to do something.

is there anyway to test the speed of my pc for rendering the video? All I know is that when I use dr. divx to change video over for the web or a vcd I am getting anywhere from 60-70fps for 640 x 480 with audio. I have no idea if that is fast or horrible.

If I get a editing card and when I am done editing the video how much faster are we talking about? Can anyone give me any idea how long it would take for a 1g dvd quality avi to be rendered in realtime?

Thanks everyone.

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
what can I do
on Sep 5, 2004 at 2:19:15 am

Is there anything I can do that will speed up rendering the final product significatly for say around $300???

I wont be getting a new mb+cpu for another 6-8 months but would really like to do something.

is there anyway to test the speed of my pc for rendering the video? All I know is that when I use dr. divx to change video over for the web or a vcd I am getting anywhere from 60-70fps for 640 x 480 with audio. I have no idea if that is fast or horrible.

If I get a editing card and when I am done editing the video how much faster are we talking about? Can anyone give me any idea how long it would take for a 1g dvd quality avi to be rendered in realtime?

Thanks everyone.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: what can I do
on Sep 5, 2004 at 9:33:51 pm

With the RT.X100, realtime means realtime. Most video effects are applied without rendering, so you apply the effect and hit play. No rendering. No waiting. When I transcode for DVD authoring, it's also realtime, i.e. 1 hour of video takes 1 hour to transcode.

Right now, if you want that kind of speed, then you buy the hardware accelerator.

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
thank you
on Sep 13, 2004 at 10:51:36 pm

thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]